Lancaster Osteopathic Health Foundation supports innovation, creativity, and capacity building efforts that advance mental wellness of children and youth in Lancaster County. Our Community Grant Program impacts the following mental and behavioral focus areas:
Care Coordination: Improve the delivery of children’s behavioral healthcare services
- Increase access to mental/behavioral health services
- Seamless transition of services for young adults
- Coordinate resources to support families in navigating and accessing care
Parent/Caregiver Education: Enhance the capacity of parents, families, and caregivers through trainings and support.
- Increase competency in addressing children’s mental/behavioral needs
- Increase understanding and confidence in parents using strength-based techniques
- Decrease need for care coordination
Access to Providers: Improve capacity of providers to support and treat children.
- Reduce wait times for behavioral healthcare
- Increase number of children who have and utilize health insurance
- Encourage well-child visits and preventive care
- Expand number and frequency of behavioral/mental health screenings in primary care
Letters of intent for the Fall 2016 cycle are due this Friday, July 15. Applicants will be invited to submit a full grant application. Final applications are due September 1, 2016. To apply, please visit www.lohf.org/grants.