Mental Health Copay Assistance

Mental Health Copay Assistance is a program of LOHF that provides copay assistance for the behavioral healthcare needs of Lancaster County, Pa. residents who cannot afford it.

View/Print flyer (English and Spanish).

Download an application or Contact Lisa Riffanacht at (717) 392-1595 or to have one mailed to you or get more information.

As of July 1, 2018, applicants for this program must be under age 26, or the parent of a dependent child under age 26. Household income may not exceed 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. Applicants must be residents of Lancaster County, Pa.

If you were previously enrolled in this program, and you meet the new eligibility criteria, you must re-apply. If an applicant does not have insurance, they should call PMHCA (Pennsylvania Mental Health Consumers’ Association) at (717) 564-4930 to apply for ACA or Medicaid.

Program History

Formerly known as PALCO (Project Access Lancaster County), this program transitioned in July 2017 from being operated as an independent nonprofit to a program of LOHF. PALCO was founded in 2007 with the mission to improve the healthcare of Lancaster County residents by increasing access to quality healthcare providers. From 2007-2015, volunteer PALCO healthcare providers contributed a staggering $47.8 million of donated medical care. In April 2015, PALCO ended its volunteer program of donated medical service for the uninsured and transitioned to copay coverage. From 2015-2017, PALCO participated as a grant recipient in the application with Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine to the United Way of Lancaster County for “Let’s Talk, Lancaster: Changing the conversation about mental health.” This grant covered the costs of the copay assistance program. As of July 1, 2018, LOHF is no longer a recipient of this grant but will continue this vital program to help children (and parents of dependent children) in need of mental health copay assistance.

To learn more and find out if you are eligible to apply, contact Lisa Riffanacht at (717) 392-1595, or