The Lancaster Osteopathic Health Foundation (LOHF) is a proud sponsor of the Let’s Talk Lancaster Expo, May 21 at HACC Lancaster Campus. The expo event will feature exhibitors and breakout sessions to spotlight local services and organizations that support mental and behavioral health.
“Everyone is welcome, whether you have specific questions about services, or if you’re inquiring on behalf of a friend or family member. Our goal is to bring together all of the organizations in Lancaster County that provide some type of mental health services, from education to insurance, treatment or techniques to reduce stress and anxiety. We hope that everyone can learn about what is available and find help,” says LOHF Executive Director, Anna Brendle Kennedy.
Visit our exhibit hall or learn about these topics in our breakout sessions:
- Finding Friendship with Compeer: The Compeer Lancaster program exists to match people with a diagnosed mental illness with a volunteer as friends. Friendship is a crucial element in protecting our mental health.
- Mental Health Wellness Academy: Mental Health America of Lancaster County created the Wellness Academy to provide an array of information, skills, and tools to be used in one’s own mental health journey.
- Assistance in Your Workplace: Learn how an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can help you and your family members access services that help with work stress, family relationships, and other challenges.
- Stories About Recovery: Speakers will give their personal accounts of mental health and recovery from different perspectives.
- What’s the Difference Between SSI and SSDI?: Explore the differences between Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability Income.
- Navigating the Healthcare System: Get a better understanding of the HealthChoices program with a focus on behavioral health services and PerformCare.
- Understanding a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP): WRAP is a prevention and wellness process that anyone can use to get well, stay well and make their life the way they want it to be.
- Learning to “LEAP”, Transforming Difficult Conversations: LEAP (Listen, Empathize, Agree, and Partner), pioneered by Dr. Xavier Amador, provides a tool that will help you manage the challenges of addressing the needs of persons in your life who live with mental illness.
To learn more and register, please click here.
About Let’s Talk Lancaster
Our goal at Let’s Talk Lancaster is to change the conversation about mental health and to connect the community with local organizations that are here to help. Let’s Talk Lancaster is jointly sponsored by Community Services Group, Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine, Lancaster Regional Medical Center, Lancaster Osteopathic Health Foundation, Philhaven & White Deer Run Treatment Network.