How It Works
What you need to know about the program, and how to apply.
Children’s Mental Healthcare – A Supply Problem
The demand for behavioral healthcare for youth and children in Lancaster County is high. Primary struggle to make referrals for therapy or related mental healthcare. Families struggle to schedule appointments for therapy, and wait times are long. Many must schedule visits 3-4 months in advance for lack of provider availability.
Investing in the talent pipeline for behavioral healthcare will result in stronger behavioral healthcare organizations and competent supervisors who can mentor their staff. Trained supervisors can effectively recruit and retain their clinical staff, reducing patient caseloads, improving recruitment and retention, and lowering staff turnover rates. The LCSC will:
- Recruit, support, and retain licensed mental health professionals in Lancaster County
- Shorten time for providers with masters’ degrees to obtain licensure in clinical mental health professions (i.e., LCSW, LPC, MFT, Psych-NP)
- Improve quality of clinical supervision for licensure hours
- Reduce the financial burden of clinical supervision for organizations and master’s degree graduates
- Develop clinical supervisor consistency across organizations
- Provide shared, group supervision across organizations, broadening the scope of experience for graduates
- Reduce provider fatigue and burnout, and improve provider well-being
Who is eligible?
Organizations which accept Medicaid/Medical Assistance, and providers/organizations participating in the LOHF Mental Health Copay Assistance program are eligible. The LOHF Clinical Supervision Collaborative will serve five mental healthcare organizations per year in Lancaster County through 2022.
Attend the Info Session
February 12, 2020, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
at LOHF, 128 E. Grant St., Suite 104, Lancaster.
Lunch will be provided. Please RSVP
View and download the LCSC whitepaper
How to apply
- Applications opened Jan. 1, 2020
- Applications must be received online by March 15, 2020
- Applicants will be notified of decisions by April 15, 2020
- Expected program start date is July 1, 2020