Be the first to know about events, grants and scholarships, volunteer opportunities, and children’s behavioral health news. Subscribe to our eNews, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Your Donation Makes an Impact
LOHF is committed to advancing resources for healthier outcomes, but we can’t do it alone. Our goals will only be achieved with the efforts of passionate people within our community – people like you! The most impactful ways you can get involved with LOHF are to donate and to volunteer.
LOHF gives you a way to make a meaningful impact on the lives of people in our community. Please consider getting involved by making a donation. When you make a donation to LOHF, your generosity impacts our community in the following ways:
- You will help make children’s behavioral health services available and accessible to all children in Lancaster County.
- You will help provide valuable training opportunities to medical professionals.
Interested in other ways to Give? There are additional ways you can Give through Honorary Gifts, Memorial Gifts, Gifts of Appreciated Securities, Planned Giving, and Matching Gifts. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Your Time and Talent are Impactful
LOHF volunteers help us to meet our mission of improving public health and well-being in Lancaster County. We actively seek to engage community volunteers who equitably represent Lancaster County in its diversity, and we value the contributions of all members of our community. We have many opportunities for you to share your time and talents to make our community a stronger, healthier place.
There currently five vacancies on our board. Usually, volunteers interested in joining our board are encouraged to first join one of our committees. We are recruiting Committee volunteers during 2017-2018 for possible Board service beginning in 2019.
In order to achieve the goals of our current strategic plan, we have identified the need for board and committee volunteers with any one of the following areas of expertise:
- Parent of a child with a behavioral/mental health diagnosis
- Fundraising and Development
- Corporate executive in banking or business sector
- Finance or investment
- Physician, preferably a DO, in primary care and/or pediatrics
- Mental health provider such as therapist, counselor, psychologist, or social worker
- School administrator
Board term: up to two, consecutive 3-year terms
- Audit Committee: meets four times per year (Tuesday, 8:00–9:00 am). Review the Audit Committee Charter.
- Child Health & Wellness Committee: meets six times per year, (Tuesday, 8:00–9:30 am). Review the Child Health & Wellness Committee Charter here. Our Child Health & Wellness Committee is responsible for reviewing and approving grant requests for programs that improve children’s behavioral health.
- Executive Committee: meets five times per year (Thursday, 4:30–6:00 pm). The Executive Committee is comprised of the LOHF and LOHSO Officers.
- Finance & Investment Committee: meets four times per year (Tuesday 9:00–10:00 am). Review the Finance & Investment Committee Charter here. Member responsibilities for Finance & Investment Committee members are also available here. LOHF maintains an active Investment Policy Statement to guide our actively managed funds.
- Marketing & Communications Committee: meets six times per year (Thursday 12:00–1:30 pm). The Marketing & Communications Committee is expanding its role to include fundraising and development activities. We are updating our Marketing and Fundraising Plans. This Committee also manages our Sponsorships.
- Nominating & Governance Committee: meets four times per year (Wednesday 5:30–6:30 pm). Review the Nominating Committee Charter.
- Osteopathic Medical Advisory Committee: meets once a year and manages the annual Continuing Medical Education series. Review the Osteopathic Medical Advisory Committee charter.
- NavWell Advisory Council: meets four times per year (Wednesday, 11:30 am–1:30 pm). Review the NavWell Advisory Council Charter here. Learn more about NavWell: Pathways to Wellbeing.
- Nursing Scholarship Committee: meets four times per year to update the application process, review applications, interview candidates, select recipients, and celebrate nursing with an annual reception. Learn more about our Nursing Scholarship Program.